Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bringing your curls back to life ..

My last post was about getting your beautiful straight hair, now this post is just about bringing the curls back. Usually with my having natural hair any little thing can trigger my curls to just bounce right back; but when I actually take the time to do a blow out and straighten, my hair last a lot longer and better. While my hair is straight I try to avoid water, and steam and any water based product that will revert my hair right back to the curls so when I want to intentionally bring them back, I can use a water based product, this is before the whole shampooing process.This just adds moisture back into my hair, which is always a plus. After that shampoo your hair with a product of your choice. Be sure that you wash your hair squeaky clean with cool to warm water nothing too hot that can damage your hair or scalp. 2-3 times of lathering up your hair with shampoo and washing it out is pretty good. Then DEEP CONDITIONER. I cannot stress it enough how important the deep conditioner is, I won't go into detail because I have done it so much in previous post. Just remember always put a plastic cap on your head and keep the conditioner on for at least 10-15 minutes. Honestly, I get carried away and will keep mine on for hours while handling other things around my house. If you want you can apply heat so that the conditioner penetrates into your scalp. Once you are done with all of that just let your hair rest, your curls will bounce back and you should be able to style your hair like you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment