Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Bob Marley Twist"

Although I love my natural curls and wearing an afro sometimes you have to try something different. You can be a woman who loves their natural hair and still love getting extensions just as much just to be versatile. I did not get a full head, straight or curly weave, instead I decided to do twist on myself. The twist resemble dreads very much and people around campus sometimes mistook the twist for locs. It was a long process to do on my self, it took about 6-7 hours with one long break. I kept them in for about 2 months, they could have stayed a little bit longer depending on how well I kept up with them. I love these twist for the simple fact that I could wear them curly, by braiding them and putting them into steaming hot water, or wear them straight, in a bun, or just a regular ponytail. They are also very convenient, I can just wake up sometimes put gel on my edges, and just keep it moving. Here are some photos.

 Simple wavy and down.
 Bun
Half to the Side

No comments:

Post a Comment